The digital age has made communication between everyone much easier and accessible. Although this has been very useful, it means that everything done on the web leaves behind a digital footprint, which puts users at risk of identity theft.
What is Identity Theft?
Identity theft is the unauthorised use of another person’s personal information, such as their name, credit card information, or other identifying information, to commit fraud or other crimes. It can also include using someone else’s identity to gain access to their personal information.
Here are some steps you can take to prevent identity theft:
- Protect your personal information: Don’t give out personal information, unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Use strong passwords: Use strong and unique passwords for all your online accounts and change them regularly. Avoid using easily guessable information, such as your name or birthdate, in your passwords.
- Keep your computer and mobile devices secure: Keep your software up to date and use a firewall to protect your computer from unauthorised access.
- Be careful with public wifi : Be careful when using public Wi-Fi networks, as they may not be secure. Avoid accessing sensitive information, such as online banking or shopping sites, while using public Wi-Fi.
In addition to these, Norton has also introduced Norton Identity Advisor Plus. Norton Identity Advisor Plus features include:
- Identity Restoration Support: An Identity Restoration Specialist will help guide you through the restoration process from start to finish
- Dark Web Monitoring: Dark Web Monitoring continuously searches the dark web and private forums looking for personal information and sends you notifications should it be found.
- Social Media Monitoring: Monitor your accounts on popular social media sites and notify you of suspicious activity.
- Stolen Wallet Assist: A stolen wallet could mean a stolen identity. If your wallet is stolen you can contact Norton and they will guide you to cancel or replace credit cards, bank cards, driver’s licence and other cards.
- Identity Theft Insurance: Provides coverage for specific losses and expenses related to identity theft in your name, including legal expense reimbursement and lost income for time away from work to correct financial records
Subscribe to Norton Identity Advisor Plus now with Raiz Rewards to get 50% of your subscription reinvested back into your Raiz account, and get a $20 discount ($119.99 down to $99.99) for your 1st year subscription!
Click HERE to shop with Raiz Rewards!
If you have read all or any part of our email, website, or communication then you need to know that this is factual information and general advice only. This means it does not consider any person’s particular financial objectives, financial situation, or financial needs. If you are an investor, you should consult a licensed adviser before acting on any information to fully understand the benefits and risk associated with the product. This is your call but that is what you should do.
You may be surprised to learn that RAIZ Invest Australia Limited (ABN 26 604 402 815) (Raiz), an authorised representative AFSL 434776 prepared this information.
We are not allowed, and have not prepared this information to offer financial product advice or a recommendation in relation to any investments or securities. If we did give you personal advice, which we did not, then the use of the Raiz App would be a lot more expensive than the current pricing – sorry but true. You therefore should not rely on this information to make investment decisions, because it was not about you for once, and unfortunately, we cannot advise you on who or what you can rely on – again sorry.
A Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for Raiz Invest and/or Raiz Invest Super is available on the Raiz Invest website and App. A person must read and consider the PDS before deciding whether, or not, to acquire and/or continue to hold interests in the financial product. We know and ASIC research shows that you probably won’t, but we want you to, and we encourage you to read the PDS so you know exactly what the product does, its risks and costs. If you don’t read the PDS, it’s a bit like flying blind. Probably not a good idea.
The risks and fees for investing are fully set out in the PDS and include the risks that would ordinarily apply to investing. You should note, as illustrated by the global financial crisis of 2008, that sometimes not even professionals in the financial services sector understand the ordinary risks of investing – because by their nature many risks are unknown – but you still need to give it a go and try to understand the risks set out in the PDS.
Any returns shown or implied are not forecasts and are not reliable guides or predictors of future performance. Those of you who cannot afford financial advice may be considering ignoring this statement, but please don’t, it is so true.
Under no circumstance is the information to be used by, or presented to, a person for the purposes of deciding about investing in Raiz Invest or Raiz Invest Super.
This information may be based on assumptions or market conditions which change without notice and have not been independently verified. Basically, this says nothing stays the same for long in financial markets (or even in life for that matter) and we are sorry. We try, but we can’t promise that the information is accurate, or stays accurate.
Any opinions or information expressed are subject to change without notice; that’s just the way we roll.
Mastercard is a registered trademark and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Home loans are subject to approval from the lending institution and Raiz Home Ownership makes no warranties as to the success of an application until all relevant information has been provided.
Raiz Home Ownership Pty Ltd (ABN 14 645 876 937), an Australian Credit Representative number 528594 under Australian Credit Licence number 387025. Raiz Home Ownership Pty Ltd is 100% owned by Raiz Invest Australia Limited (ABN 26 604 402 815).